Posted September 30, 2014
Want a lightweight mountain bike?
Get a Widgit. It's the ultimate single chain ring device for Mountain Bike use. A Widgit is a bike chainring that can be fitted to any mountain bike crankset. How does it work? Read on...
ONE GEAR TO TAKE YOU ANYWHERE YOU WANT TO GO
You think you’ve got 27 or 30 gears, but in reality only 9 are regularly used. The rest are duplicated within your front derailleur system or hardly ever used. The WIDGIT is a revolutionary design that picks the most useful ratios from all 3 front chain rings, combining them into a single ring, eliminating the front derailleur completely allowing you to concentrate on riding rather than unnecessary gear changes. That’s less work, less cost and more fun.
• No front derailleur = Less maintenance, Less gear changes, Less chain derailments
• Reduction in weight up to 450g*
• Increases ground clearance by 40mm
• Integrated chain guide protects legs, chain and sprocket
• Longer chain and sprocket life
• Easy to fit - No modifications and fully reversible
• Choice of tooth options 28T - 30T - 32T - 34T
• Available to suit double and triple chainring applications
All Widgits come completely assembled with any spacers or bolts if required (see fitting instructions). Designed and manufactured in Australia.